Adding each individual dancer's dances up, we performed 136 dances within 30 hours. Four of us got to perform with one of our favorite Celtic rock bands —Celtica! These girls are definitely rock stars when it comes to performance. Not only were they flexible about getting up onstage with a group they'd never met before, they were able to jump right in and dance to songs they'd never heard before. I'm so proud of them! It's easy to forget that none of them (besides Lauren and I) have danced for more than a year. They all performed like pros!
We would like to thank:
- Steve Campbell and the rest of the SCOTFEST staff for making this festival possible.
- Bruce Robertson for providing wonderful live piping for us!
- Shaun Ladymon for setting up and running the dance tent all weekend, building 2 rolling stages for us, remixing songs, and recording narration.
- Celtica, Wicked Tinkers, and Flowers of Edinburgh for allowing us to dance with them!
- Our dancers' parents for sewing costumes, doing hair, playing chauffeur, helping pack up, and giving up their weekend to help make SCOTFEST awesome!
- Pat Venable for sewing costumes for us.
- Broken Arrow Dance's Celtic Pride, All About Irish, Muggivan School of Irish Dance, and Goode Academy of Irish Dance for sharing the stage with us.
- Everyone who came to watch us during the festival!